EUROS is the flagship RTOS of the EUROS family of real-time operating systems for embedded applications. It is compact, highly portable, extremely efficient and it supports a broad variety of communication mechanisms and protocol stacks, including USB, TCP/IP, CANopen, Modbus and others.
EUROS is written in the C language and is totally hardware-independent. It is easily adapted for new CPU architectures using a specially designed hardware abstraction level (HAL). It is now available for more than 35 different family of microcontrollers and microprocessors.
EUROS is extremely general and versatile, and it can be used effectively in a very broad range of applications, including the following:
- Consumer devices
- Defense and aerospace
- Fleet management
- Industrial automation
- Medical devices
- Point-of-sale systems
- Process control
- Security systems
- Test Equipment
• Customization. Due to its modularity and hardware-independence, it is practical to customize EUROS. While this has been done when appropriate, the generality and versatility of EUROS usually eliminate any need for customization.
• Execution from ROM. EUROS is ROMable.
• Portability. This attribute has a number of important consequences.
- Driver Interface. EUROS supports a powerful and general driver interface that operates at the hardware abstraction level. This provides for the highest possible level of driver portability. Numerous device drivers are available.
- Controlling the Future. EUROS carries your application into the future. It has been designed by abstracting the underlying hardware platform in order to ensure the future portability of the embedded application build on top of it.
- Hidden Hardware Details. Hardware details are hidden from the software developer. EUROS initializes chips and supports interrupt handling. Port drivers provide access to hardware.
• Efficient Multitasking. Multitasking, which is a central feature of most real-time operating systems, is supported by exploiting the specific characteristics of the various chip architectures.
• PC Compatibility. EUROS runs on IBM-compatible PCs. Thus the PC can be used as both a development system and as a test system. Application development can start before the actual target hardware is available.
• Internet. EUROS can perform remote monitoring and control over the Internet via an HTTP server.
• Pricing Model. EUROS licenses are offered at a moderate price, usually on a limited buy-out basis. Because of its scalability, generality and versatility, EUROS is an excellent candidate to be an organization's standard real-time operating system.